Large Netware Inode File

From: Raymond Chong <raymond.chong_at_citicorp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:08:46 +0800

Hi all,

I am running DU 4.0d and also Pathworks for Netware.

Recently, the inode file for the netware volume has grown very large,
4GB.
There are less than 10 files in the netware volume currently and there
are about
10 files created and deleted daily for the last 3 weeks.

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root system 4294967112 Jul 23 18:58 NWinode.vol1

Incidentally, 4294967112 is actually 2^32.

Also, the filesystem size that the above file is on is only 1.5GB.

Thus, it looks like I have two problems here.
1. Why is the inode file so large when there are only a few files in the
   netware volume ?
2. Is there any corruption in the filesystem or the inode file as it is
   showing such a large filesize ? The server is running ADVFS.
3. Is it all right for me to delete NWinode.vol1 and recreate the
netware volume ?
4. Why does the Netware inode file get corrupted every now and then.
The were quite
   a few instances where the netware inode file gets corrupted and the
only way
   to recover is to recreate the netware volume. What are the
preventive maintenance
   for netware other than nwfsck command ?

Would be glad if anyone could help.

Thank you.