DEC Unix 4.0 and Network Appliance NSF Box

From: Brian S. Wallace <xsw_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:12:44 -0400

Hi:

Does anyone have any experience with Network Appliance's NFS server box
being accessed by multiple DEC Unix 4.0 systems. If so, how have you
handled file locking? We're looking at setting up two DEC Unix 4.0 systems
which will both acesss one Network Appliance NFS server. The systems will
be acting as one web server which are accessed through a special network
routing box. The router will load balance the web server connections based
on URL's. We will be using Stronghold 2.3 for the web servers.

A side note: Has anyone experienced random web server lockups using
Stronghold 2.3 with DEC Unix 4.0? If so, have you been able to resolve the
problem.

Any experience in these areas that you can share would be greatly
appreciated. Please reply to xsw_at_ornl.gov.

Thanks,

Brian S. Wallace (423) 576-3193 Voice
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (423) 574-5323 Fax
P. O. Box 2008, MS 6394
Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6394 xsw_at_ornl.gov