PolyCenter Console Manager replacement.

From: Saar Picker <saarp_at_socrates.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:12:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We're running PolyCenter Console Manager (v1.5) to talk to our DEChub
900TM serial port multiplexer. We use it to connect to the serial console
on some of our machines.

We're looking for any kind of replacement for the software from any vendor
which will do the same job that Console Manager does so well. (Namely just
allow serial console access and logging.) Since the software's been
discontinued, we're looking for alternatives.

We're aware that Computer Associates are releasing v1.7 of CM (for a
20%-50% markup) but it's unclear whether it will run with the
soon-to-be-released Digital Unix v5.0. We've also heard rumors of a new
product from DEC which will do something similar.

Thanks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Saar Picker

 Saar Picker saarp_at_socrates.berkeley.edu
 CCS/SDA - Administrative Unix (510) 643-8168