syslog

From: Didier Godefroy <dg_at_ulysium.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:01:24 -0400

Hi all,

How can we configure the syslog to direct specific info to a specific log file?

I have this entry in the syslog.conf:

daemon.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/daemon.log

and it puts the named log entries there, but I'd like to put those entries in a
separate log file, so I tried to add this to the syslog.conf:

daemon,named.debug /var/adm/syslog.dated/named.log

but it says that named isn't a recognized facility, so then I tried this, just
in case:

named,daemon /var/adm/syslog.dated/named.log

but it makes no difference. The named log entries keep going to the daemon.log
file and no named.log file is created...

How can I get this done? And how could I get the named log entries removed from
the daemon.log, once they're sent to the named.log instead?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg_at_ulysium.net