adding tape!!!

From: Rigoberto Trevino Mendoza <rtrevino_at_ccr.dsi.uanl.mx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:07:13 -0600

Hi list...

I am running DU 4.0b and have some trouble configuring a news SCSI
interface and a tape library TZ87...

When the machine is starting it shows

Slot 13 NCR S3C810
    pkb0.7.0.13.0 SCSI Bus ID 7
    jkb301.3.0.13.0 TZ
    mkg300.3.0.13.0 DLT2500

Every thing just fine....

So I am trying to use the dynamic device recognition to add it to the
kernel. The manual says
that the command ddr_config -c must be run to compile the file
/etc/ddr_config.dbase, in case
that the device requires some special configuration, but the device is
already in that database,
so, what is next...I created the device files for the tape whit
MAKEDEV tz11 (I supposed
Bus 1 and LUN 0). And now what is next ?

I may use the standard way to add devices but I dont want to reboot the
machine.