CDE or X

From: system PRIVILEGED account <kernel_at_vicosa.com.br>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 00:53:34 -0300

Hi, i am a ALPHA/OSF manager, and i am getting a probem with my X Window
System.

After dtlogin get started a user try to logging onto thes system, so
he/she types its username/password, but after that, o got the following
:

Starting Comon Desktop Environment....

But nothing else happens, this screen last some minutes, so nobody can
use the machine. There's no error mesgs.
I have no ideia about what's happening. Can anybody help-me, i am a
beginner.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Best regards,

Gustavo Vieira G C Rios.