SUMMARY: flooded by cc's

From: system PRIVILEGED account- John F. Marten <root_at_tigger.oslc.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:08:55 -0700

orig. question below.
thanx to: Bill houle and ben smithurst

bill:
Yeah, sure, that's a feature. :)
Majordomo does not modify headers in that way, so it would not be
the one inserting extra Cc entries. I'd suspect a bad mailer or
autoresponder used by one of the subscribers on listserver2.

ben:
This is nothing to do with Majordomo, as I see it. I have sent this
message to you and the list: if someone does a group-reply now, it may
well get sent to me, you, and the list. ad infinitum. Of course, if
people simply trimmed headers such that they were only sending to the
original author and the list, we wouldn't have that problem.

Of course, if one address is listed more than once, that's caused by
broken (ie: Microsoft) mail programs, I'd guess.

orig. question: