SUMMARY: ls behaviour as root

From: Gray, Sue <sjgray_at_subcorp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:04:13 +0930

Thanks for all the responses.

Most people suggested looking for aliases (which was what I had
already done before I realised this was actually the default behaviour
for root)

The way to change it would probably be to alias roots ls
alias ls "ls | grep -v "\."

Apart from that this has been the default behaviour for years and any
unix based application should be taking this into consideration. (And
they do)

As it turned out the problem I was having was actually being caused
from the NT end (unix was behaving perfectly <-:)

Thanks

Sue