directory tree corruption

From: Masato Bud Uesu <bud_at_gloria.dominedeus.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 12:21:42 -0500 (CDT)

one of user's directory is corrupt and I can cd to it but if I do anything
under there (ls, echo *, find, rm etc) it hangs and eventually turns the
process into zombie.

on friday I ran "verify" on all domain except root, in following order

init s
mount -u /
/sbin/advfs/verify user1_domain
/sbin/advfs/verify user2_domain
/sbin/advfs/verify var_domain
/sbin/advfs/verify usr_domain
init 3

now, seems like to me there should be something else I should do between
the last verify, and init 3. Is there something I'm missing?

should I go into the user's directory and see if it fixed it?
by the way, the user with corrupt home directory has been given with a new
account for the time being.

--Bud

You mean our network connectivity goes through this one wire?
How silly. What if someone tripped on it and it came out of the w

  [Masato Bud Uesu]
gloria.dominedeus.com
   Primary Contact
 <bud_at_dominedeus.com>