AdvFS for inn news spool

From: Ray Lauff <ray_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 09:15:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all.

A while back (was it 4.0b time?) there was a big discussion on the use of
AdvFS, as opposed to UFS, for use as the Usenet news spool. I even
remember being told in no uncertain terms NOT to use AdvFS with a large
number of small files or a highly active file system.

Does anyone know what the 4.0d thinking is on this issue? Should I be
as comfortable using either file system for the spool? Can anyone point
to documents from Compaq on the issue, especially how to tune the AdvFS
file system?

Thanks.

ray

--
Ray Lauff : ray_at_temple.edu : (215) 204-5678 : Temple University