Pre SUMM: Still with Modem Problems

From: Salvador Ramirez <sram_at_profc.udec.CL>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:40:31 -0400 (CST)

Hi osf managers,

 I have asked here about how to configure a modem on a Alpha 4100 with
DU4.0D and I have learned a lot from it (thanks to the people who
answered), but I still have problems, maybe I'm having hardware problems
in my Alpha4100 but I want to ensure that. Here I give you more
information:

My modem is a US robotics of 56K connected to COMM2 (tty01) of my Alpha,
which baud rate was setted to the same of the modem speed (56K).
The modem line in /etc/remote look like:

b57600:dv=/dev/tty01:br#57600:pa=none:

and the modem line in /etc/inittab so:

modemp:23:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -r -t 60 tty01 57600

My cables are all right and also my modem, I have proved them on
a PC with win95, arrrrggggg!

Thanks in advance!

---sram

uNsTable - NT = usable
--
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:sram_at_profc.udec.cl