Samba Performance

From: Rob Naccarato <rob.naccarato_at_sheridanc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:50:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Managers,

I was wondering if anyone out there is running Samba with ~300 clients and
would they coorespond with me regarding how they pieced it all together.

In my environment, I'm running into major performance issues which I think
is the cause of some problems (like Win95 not being able to login, for
example). All servers are DU4.0D.

Performance is terrible, especially on the server end. My application
servers routinely have no idle time in CPU. It's usually split between
30% user and 60% system.

Any idea/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob Naccarato "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
Sys Admin because they know they can be impolite without
Sheridan College having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Oakville, Ont. Canada - Robert E. Howard