ZLXp-L2 problem

From: Christian Hasse <c.hasse_at_itm.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:15:21 +0100

I have the following problem. I am running DU 4.0d on an LX -board based

system. I bought the ZLXp-L2 graphics adapter for my OpenGL
applications.
I put the card in the machine, booted into text mode, installed Open3d
4.7
and the PAK. I didn't get any error messages, 'setld -i ' tells me
that
all packages are installed. After reboot, the machine comes up
with the same message as before (text mode):

 vmunix: no graphics console driver configured
 vmunix: generic console support installed: using VGA

According to what I saw during install, the newly built kernel
was put into place. Starting X manually doesn't work either.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong and perhaps help me.

Thanks
Christian