SUMMARY man page index

From: Robin Kellett <robkellett_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 06:17:49 -0800 (PST)

Thank you very much to the following people who responded to my question
regarding an index of man pages.

Rich Lafferty
Jim Belonis
Saar Picker
George Scheer
Russell Berger
Giorgio Pastore
Bob Vickers
Roger Picard

My original question was:

Hi all:
Does anyone know if there's a file or utility that will list all of the
available man pages on the system? Solaris uses a file called windex
for this purpose, but as far as I can tell Dig UNIX doesn't have
anything like this. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I received many excellent ideas including: whatis, catman -w and xman.
catman -w did the trick! I hadn't realized that the whatis db file had
to be manually created. Thanks again.

Robin