DECEvent

From: <Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 16:58:43 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I have just installed DECEvent and licenses on several AlphaServers. I
wanted to make use of the mailing-list feature and get notification of
errors. However I have a machine that logs low priority errors at the
moment but I don't get any mail indication of it.

I have used 'dia ad usr -u es -m customer' to add me to the mailing list.
I then heard that I had to change the SICL notification level to get mails
and tried to that with: 'dia set sicl on'. In return I get a message that
I should use the System Save Command to save my modifications. However
when I check SICL (no idea what this is.. =) ) with 'dia shw sicl' it
still shows as off. I have tried all combinations with restarting DECEvent
and using 'dia sav sys' but haven't been able to get SICL to get turned
on. Anyone who has setup DECEvent to mail people about problems?

/Eskil

| Eskil Swahn |
| Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se tfn +46 46 222 4986 |
| |
| |