pc windows emulation

From: Bob Adams <adams_at_kodak.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:32:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I was wondering what products DEC Unix 4.0x users
might be using for desktop PC MS Windows emulation?

We were using Insignia SoftWindows 2.0 (which i believe Insignia
stopped supporting on the DEC Unix platform after v2.0) until
we upgraded the SoftWindow DEC Unix license server from
DEC Unix 3.2g to 4.0a. At that point the license flexlm stopped
working.

We installed Citrix Winframe 1.7 on an NT 3.51 server which
is another product that gives us a PC emulation window on the
DEC Unix workstation, but we have had numerous problems
with the Citrix product making it impossible to release it
to the user community.

Is anyone else using the Citrix Winframe product? Has anyone
found another reliable solution for PC MS Windows emulation?

We brought the local vendor in that sold us the Winframe stuff
but they knew absolutely nothing about Unix.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

bob

Bob Adams Eastman Kodak Company
Unix System Support Engineer 800 Lee Road
Email: adams_at_Kodak.com Mail Code 03117
Phone: (716) 722-3965 Rochester, NY 14650-3117
FAX: (716) 722-1155