Floppy disk

From: Spalding, Stephen <SSpaldin_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:24:33 -0600

Hello all!

I formatted a floppy disk on my alpha server this morning, and I could not
get the thing to mount using the entry in the /etc/fstab file that I had. I
used the following commands on my 4.0D box to format the floppy:

# fddisk -fmt -f /dev/rfd0c
# disklabel -wr /dev/rfd0c rx23
# newfs -S 512 /dev/fd0c

The entry in my fstab file for the floppy drive was:

/dev/fd /floppy fdfs rw 0 0

Whenever I would mount the floppy drive, I would use:

# mount /floppy

However, once the drive was mounted I would do a "df -k" which would show
the drive as having 0% used, 0% available, and at 100% capacity. I finally
got the drive to mount as it should have using the following command:

# mount /dev/fd0c /floppy

Can anyone give me an acceptable /etc/fstab line for the floppy drive?

Thanks!

Stephen Spalding
Associate System Administrator
Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance