Alpha workstation 255 and DU 4.0A

From: sherif <sherif_at_gse.ie-eg.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:53:47 +0200

Hi managers

We have two problems concerning Alpha workstation 255 and DU 4.0A.
first, when we try to get the system information from the icon Sysinfo
the system crashs immmediatly.
Second, we have a sound card installed but it doesn't work properly,it
generates a lot of noise.we can't hear the sound clairy due to the great
amount of noise.We have two Aplha workstation with the same two
problems, which let us think that the problem is in this version of the
digital unix (4.oA).
shall we upgrade to (4.0B) ? or the version is not the problem at all?
any help will be appreciated.

sherif