Preloaded DUNIX without a license

From: Marko Havu <mhavu_at_cc.hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:11:46 +0200 (EET)

I purchased an AlphaStation 600 5/333 while ago. It came bundled with
preloaded DU3.2D-1, but there was no license in the package, only a list
of preloaded software. The dealer says I should go to Digital with the
problem and Digital tells me that the matter should be delt with the
dealer.

Is it typical of Digital to sell AlphaStations with preloaded software
and not with license? I was told that I should update to at least level
3.2g to get proper set of security patches. Any comments on this?

--
Marko Havu           +  <mhavu_at_cc.hut.fi>  + "Against stupidity,
Kilonrinne 10 A 11   +                     +  the Gods themselves