Dust accumulations in AS255s

From: Aideen McConville <aideen_at_persimmon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 10:49:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

We've noticed that after about a year of use, the fans in our AlphaStations
(mostly 255s) start to switch on and off a lot. This seems to be
caused by an accumulation of dust (mostly in the fan area?). Cleaning
the machine restores peace and tranquility.

The questions: Is this common experience? What's the best way of
removing dust from inside the machine? Is it worth buying a special
mini vacuum / blower kit or is it ok to use an ordinary carpet vacuum
cleaner?

Thanks,
  Aideen
Aideen McConville                                  Phone: +44 1223 578761
Persimmon IT Inc                                   Fax:   +44 1223 322501
The Westbrook Centre, Milton Road                  email: aideen_at_persimmon.com
Cambridge, UK, CB41YG                              http://www.persimmon.com/