networking question

From: Tamara Putney <tjputney_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:44:11 -0800 (PST)

We are having problems networking our two computers. They are
networked--we can see each others' computers and copy things etc. and
we have successfully been able to both get on Netscape at the same
time with one internet provider. The problem is with irc, icq and
email programs. The firewall we suspect is giving us trouble. We
installed Wingate and followed the directions but are still having
problems. We are connected via Rogers Cable in Vancouver, so no
dialing is involved and we are connected as long as the computer is
on. Any help would be appreciated. We cannot afford the $135 an hour
to hire someone to come in and set it up.

Sincerely,
Tamara and Rhonda