From: Andrea Mahlberg <amahlberg_at_iwcc.cc.ia.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:38:25 -0600

My original question:

How can I find out what patches are available for DU 4.0b? Also, I've
heard some the patches have bugs. Which ones should not be loaded?
Thanks.

Thanks to the following for their replies:

John Becker [John.Becker_at_digital.com]
Christian Miranda [cmiranda_at_gmd.com.pe]
Michael Galloway [mgx_at_spruce.lsd.ornl.gov]
and
Barbara Power [power_at_zk3.dec.com] who sent this:

You can access the downloadable v40b patch kit by doing the following:

Via the web:

http://www.service.digital.com/html/patch_main.html

>From there, go to PUBLIC access. From public, select
Digital_unix_readmes and then further down the page, input v4.0b
for selection/search criteria. This will bring up a list of v4.0b
related patch kits.

>From there select DUV40BAS00006-19971216

Once you get to that point, there is a list of files to choose from.
Choose the README and it will bring you into a very comprhensive
listing of all the patches in that kit, and any known problems that
exist with the kit.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have problems accessing.

Regards
Barbara Power
DIGITAL UNIX Product Management