can atime be disabled on DU?

From: Ray Lauff <ray_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:31:48 -0500 (EST)

We have been looking to optimizing our Usenet News server and have come
across an article which describes turning off atime updating on a file
system. (atime being the timestamp the kernel stores with each file
access to indicate when a file was last accessed.)

According to the article, doing so can speed up the disk
accesses and minimize system overhead. And, of course, since its a
News server who cares when the files are accessed.

Any pointers on how to disable this would be appreciated.

Thanks
ray

--
Ray Lauff : ray_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu : (215) 204-5678 : Temple University