Using Quotas & SAMBA on advfs filesets

From: Dave <dburwell_at_telecom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:58:08 -0800

  DEC UNIX 3.2g - SAMBA 1.9.17p4.
  I want to set user quotas and make them visible, and meaningful, to the
SAMBA connects.
  I use the vedquota to set the quota on a proto-user.
  I use vrepquota to see what is in use, and what the limits are.
  Everything looks good.
  The advfs is a 20GB fileset and is mounted as /users/homes
  I set the vquota to 760000 blocks (right around 1.6GB) hard & soft with
no grace defined.
  Quotas ARE working. I tested the proto-user by tring to excede the quota
amount (using mkfile on a SunOS machine), and it didn't let that user go
past 759999 blocks.
  PROBLEM:
  When the proto-user Win95 user looks at their network drive, the one that
I have the vquotas on, they see 0 bytes used and 2GB available. They have
1.5GB worth of data on the drive already.
  What I want, is for Windows to think the max capacity of the network
drive is the quota amount (approx. 1.6GB), and all the Win95 disk
calculations are based on the quota (in this case, 1.5GB used and 100mb
available).

Any suggestions?
Dave
dburwell_at_telecom.com