disks on DEC

From: Darryl Pace <pace_at_cs.utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:54:35 -0500

I am new to Digital Unix, so forgive me for the simplicity
of the following questions. I do, however, desperately need
quick answers.

I need to label a disk that currently has no disk label.
Is there some way to determine the correct disk label for
a given disk? I am managing the system I'm looking at
remotely, so probably I will have to pass whatever instructions
I receive along to the person at the remote site (I'm assuming
that this will require physically looking at the disk).

Also, is there some way, from the command line, to list the
disks attached to a system?

Thank you for your help.

Darryl