OSF on 4300?

From: Robert A. Hayden <rhayden_at_means.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 17:01:41 -0600 (CST)

We're in the business of setting up telephone companies as ISPs. We have
a call this afternoon from a small regional telco that has an older VAX
4300 that they just retired and replaced with some kind of a glitzy
racing-striped 4000. The question has come up on whether we can use that
retired 4300 (which if I understand is a non-Alpha box) with OSF. Is that
something that can be done or should we just recommend getting a new Alpha
of some kind?

Under normal circumstances we use Alpha Server 800s or a 533MHz clone
machine, so we're a little wary of working with the 4300 which we've never
seen before.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Robert Hayden rhayden_at_means.net UIN: 3937211
IP Network Administrator http://rhayden.means.net
MEANS Telcom (612) 230-4416