How to access data from envmond?

From: Judith Reed <jreed_at_wukon.appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 17:16:58 -0500

Can someone point me to some quick-and-dirty instructions on how
to access data that may have been stored by an envmond daemon running
on an Alpha 4100 (DU 4.0B)? We had a crash, and someone saw a msg flash
by at some point about a possible fan failure, but there is nothing
in the errlog or any other logs. There's a process running on the machine:

root 446 1 ... sysmansh /usr/sbin/envmond -ui cli

that leads me to believe the envmond is running and may be storing data.
Is it accessed thru snmp? We have access to an snmpget binary elsewhere
that can query the alpha if the data is stored in that way.

In case you can't tell, I'm almost clueless on this - any info will be
much appreciated!!!

Judith Reed
jreed_at_appliedtheory.com