zombie process from yppasswd

From: Dirk.Nerling <Dirk.Nerling_at_pdv.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 16:17:01 +0100

Hello Managers,

I have a strange problem here with my yppasswd I can't solve myself.
Perhaps somebody of you
have an hint. I use DUX 4.0D and I'm running NIS - so far it's working
fine, passwd and group are
avaiable at the slave and the clients. But unfortunately there is
process <defunct> at the
Master Server and the father is: /usr/sbin/rpc.yppasswdd
/var/yp/src/passwd -m passwd

I have one Master, one Slave and serveral clients. Perhaps something is
wrong with my NIS
because I get following messages after for instance the yp make group:

updated group
Map 'ypslaves.saar.geomagic.pdv.de' is empty for domain
'gisworker.geomagic.pdv.de'
Map 'ypslaves.saar.geomagic.pdv.de' is empty for domain
'gisworker.geomagic.pdv.de'
pushed group

Nevertheless the group is up to date at all machines. I already rebooted
the machine
and got the zombie again - are there some logs or so I could use to
identify the caution?

best regards Dirk

--
Milky Way - Sol System - Earth - Europe - Germany - Thuringia - Erfurt
 		  http://wall.pdv.de/~nerle