DECthreads bugcheck on 4.0C

From: Dr Marco Luchini <m.luchini_at_ic.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 17:33:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I have a PWS433 with 4.0C. I have applied the full patch #3 ie
duv40cas00003-19970926.tar. However I still get:

> ./lecfil8.x
DECthreads bugcheck (version V3.13-440), terminating execution.
Failure initializing the manager thread tcb

followed by a core dump when trying to run an executable. The
executable was produced by linking a fortran program wth Abaqus. The
same procedure worked fine under 3.2g (on 500s) and now bugchecks
reliably under 4.0C(B) patched and unpatched.

Reading the READMEs it looks as if one of the mandatory patches should
have fixed it but didn't.

Any ideas?

Related gripes on the patch procedure: knowing that I only needed a
mandatory patch I asked dupatch just for that. It refused to install 2
out of 3 mandatory patches because it wanted a whole set of other
patches from the list. In the end I gave up and asked it to install the
lot.

Other related gripes: It would be nice if it was possible to download
just one patch rather than the whole set - it's 50Mb! Not everybody has
a T3 direct line to Digital. The dupatch interface is nice though.

Marco

Marco Luchini Internet : m.luchini_at_ic.ac.uk
Department of Mathematics Telephone: +44 171 594 8551
Imperial College Fax: +44 171 594 8517
London SW7 2BZ, UK