df on Advfs: What's the REAL Fix?

From: Wayne Sweatt <sweatt_at_dps.state.nm.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:45:54 -0700

DUdes,

OK, So I tried to search the WEB for a quick answer, but didn't find a
real answer. Here's the problem, I'm sure a lot have experienced this one:

 On a AlphServer 2100, running 3.2C, with an all Advfs cast...

I got a disk full, sitting at about 97% full, and it's REAL. I then delete/move off
data, which should have in this case, put me at about 9% full. Well, df -k still
shows me the same 97% full, while du shows the real thing (9%). Big difference, Huh?!

Two questions:

1) How do I change whatever, so that df reports the correct disk usage NOW?
2) How do I prevent this from ever happening again with the current 3.2C system?