anybody now the caution of "compiled -g3: parameter values probab ly wrong" ???

From: Dirk.Nerling <Dirk.Nerling_at_pdv.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:28:09 +0100

Hello Managers,

last night I had crash at one of my Alpha machines running DUX 4.0D. At
crashdc I see one more
time the message about a probably wrong paramter called -g3. Because I
see this at nearly every
DUX (from OSF 2.0 up to 4.0D at about 30 alpha machines) crash dump now
for ages - I'm statisfed
that it must be my fault. So whats the glue?

warning: Files compiled -g3: parameter values probably wrong
_crashtime: struct {
    tv_sec = 887188105
    tv_usec = 775790
}
_boottime: struct {
    tv_sec = 887180990
    tv_usec = 661532
}

btw. does anybody know how to analyze such crash dumps? I had a look at
mine and don't know why
the machine crashed :( - "local" (about 250km away) DEC couldn't help.

best regards Dirk

--
Milky Way - Sol System - Earth - Europe - Germany - Thuringia - Erfurt
 		  http://wall.pdv.de/~nerle