Making bootable CD's

From: Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs_at_mail.natur.cuni.cz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:31:07 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
 could anyone tell me how could I make a bootable CD of DU?

1. I'd like to crerate my custom bootable CD with my kernel.....

2. Also I don't know if is it legal, but at least theoretically how could
I make a copy of original Digital Unix cdrom? How about the Firmware CD?

----
Possible solutions?:
-creating a file with cdfs(how?), and then copiing the big file over net
and burn it on a cdrom(what utiltity I need?). Burn it as Joliet FS, or
ISO9660?
-use dd to copy /dev/rrz4c to a file, then copy it somewhere. Same
question, how to burn it?
-I have a CDwriter and CDROM reader on a system with FreeBSD. Could I use
dd to copy the data from reader to cdwriter?
-another possibility is to use Adaptec utilities for WinNT(on same
machine).
TIA
Martin
| Martin MOKREJS - Net&SysAdmin                                         |
| PGP 5.0i key at: finger://mail.natur.cuni.cz/mmokrejs                 |
| mmokrejs_at_natur.cuni.cz   Faculty of Science, The Charles University   |
| tel.: +420-2-2195 2315   Albertov 6, PRAGUE 2, 128 43, Czech Republic |