CDE logout problem

From: Spalding, Steve <SSPALDIN_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:06 -0600

We upgraded to DEC UNIX 4.0B recently and have adopted CDE for our X
windows environment. The problem is with logging out on one user's pc: he
hits the "exit" button on the front panel toolbar, the light flashes like
it's going to log the person out but never does, and everything stays up
and running. However, when he hits the "exit" button again, he receives
the message "The request to service this action has failed for the
following reason: TT_ERR_NO_MATCH No handler could be found for this
message, and the disposition was not queue or start." The CDE session can
be stopped by closing the xdmcpdir.rxc window, but this is an awfully
ungraceful way of doing this. This only happens on the one user's pc.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen Spalding
sspaldin_at_mem-ins.com