4100 Trouble

From: Matthew Pearce <matthew.pearce_at_star.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:54:05 +1000

I am currently having a problem configuring a Raid Controller KZPAC-CB
for my 4100 5/466.

The raid has been configured as 3 channel.
Channel 0 1x4.3GB and 1x9.1GB
Channel 1 2x4.3GB and 1x9.1GB
Channel 2 1x4.3GB and 1x9.1GB

I have run the configuration utility ra200rcu.exe :
All 9.1GB disks are striped and mirrored, Raid 0+1
Channel 0 4.3GB and Channel 1 4.3GB have Raid 1 => Mirroring
Channel 1 4.3GB and Channel 2 4.3GB have Raid 1 => Mirroring

This raid configuration was initialised fine without a problem. I then
rebooted out
of this utility and went into halt mode. I then ran "show dev" just to
make sure everything
was present. Sure enough, everything was fine. I then proceeded to boot
from CD-ROM
DU 4.0B. I filled in the date, hostname etc... When I went to
"Paritition Disks" it just hung.
I went back to halt mode and again did "show dev". This time everything
came up except the
Raid disks. Show dev hung at this point. However, a "show config" shows
the "Mylex DAC960"
and works fine. Also, now the "arc" software does not work and hangs
when looking for the disks
on the Raid controller.

It really is a mystery to me. Can anyone help?

                MATTHEW PEARCE
                SYSTEMS ENGINEER
                mailto:matthew.pearce_at_star.com.au