Restrict the number of simultaneous logins a user can have

From: Glenn Newbery <glenn_at_bnd.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:30:38 +1100 (EST)

Hi once again everyone,
I am sure I have seen this question in this list before, but I can't find it
in the archives or on my own collection of messages from this group.
So if it has been her before sorry about this, but does anyone know if you
can restrict the number of simultaneous logins a user can have?
We are running DU 3.2G and using C2 security.
We have one person who logs in several times at once and runs huge reports
and we'd like to be able to put a stop to it. I know I can probably do it by
doing some shell scripting int the .profile, but I was wondering if there is
an operating system function that can do it for me.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, including some shellscripting
if all else fails.
Thanks in advance
Glenn.

                   B&D Australia - The garage door people.
        .
    ,--_|\ Glenn Newbery Email : glenn_at_bnd.com.au
   / B&D \ Systems Administrator Voice : +612 9722 5631
   \_,--\_/ Fax : +612 9772 3830