Summary Error Message on Batch Job

From: <dthun_at_dwp.ci.la.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:29:40 -0800

Thank you for your quick replies.
Replies from de Numero Uno Unix Guru
Dr Tom Blinn
and
Alan Nabeth

Original Question is so short I'll post it in original form.

> We were running a bach job that was abending with the following message:
> 1363:v072003:/sbin/loader: Fatal Error:set_program_attributes failed to
set
> heap start
> The fix was to set ulimit -d 1048576
> My question is where would one find the documentation for this kind of an
> error message. I've looked at the Digitial Online Docs and can't find any
> error messages at all??
Dr Tom says in summary

So the answer to this question is that there is apparently nowhere at all
you can find the documentation for this kind of an error message.
This is a serviceability and support problem. I don't know what plans are
in place to improve the documentation of error messages in a future release
of DIGITAL UNIX. I will see what I can find out.
Alan Says bascially the same thing.

All I can say is it's a good thing for us newbies there are guys like you
to answer our questions.

Many thanks it's appreciated.
Dennis Thun