Batch Job terminating without nohup

From: <dthun_at_dwp.ci.la.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 07:43:32 -0800

Can't figure out why this batch job is terminating. My coworker runs this
batch job at work (long running job 4 to 5 hrs) and it runs fine. If he
logs in from home submits the job and logs off the job will continue to run
and terminate at 3 hrs. Unknown to either of us why this is happening he
executed the job using a nohup and it ran to completion. I've looked at
Kron and etc/inittab to see if anything in either of those places might be
killing the process but we're both new to this.
Is there any defaults that would kill this process in the network area?
Thank You
Dennis Thun

System is 8200 Alpha running Unix 4.0b