SUMMARY - rdump problems

From: Jerome Michael Solberg <jerome_at_eratosthenes.me.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 12:40:57 -0800

Dear Alpha-OSF-Managers,

        I just wanted to summarize the responses I got
about rdump, and thank the following people:

Phil Farrell
Robert L. McMillin
Jim Belonis

In essence, I was having problems using rdump from an AIX 3.2 and an
ULTRIX 4.2 machine to a Digital UNIX 3.2c machine. The answer to the
AIX problems was to remove xhost from the .cshrc file for the root
account on the master (Digital UNIX) machine. The solution for ULTRIX seems
to be to use "dump | rsh dd", since ULTRIX dump does not seem to work with
other machine's versions of rmt (or even with itself, as far as I can tell).
Various users suggested there were problems with my .rhosts file or hosts.equiv
file, however "rsh" works, so I can't see any other fix.