Problem with Xsessions

From: M. Commer <commer_at_ageo.uni-koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 17:55:28 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have X-related problems with a DEC Alpha 3000/300 (OSF1 V3.2 41).
Many times a whole Xsession hangs, especially from Xterminals but
also on the console and more often windows (like xterm or netscape)
hang or crash.
Do I need a patch from DEC. In another note in this group there was
said one should get the patch OSF1_V13_PATCH001 from DEC. Is it only
for OSF V1.3 ? Besides I cannot find it anywhere.

Trying to build a new X-Release failed so far because there was no
Xdec-server built. I found this problem many times in this mailing list
but no answer.

Many thanks for any solutions

Mike