ASE tricks and caveats

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbachev_alex_at_bah.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 15:59:17 -0500

After determining that it is impossible to run dual configuration
without ASE, I got some encouraging responses and some more questions.
Please advise if you have info.

New Questions:

1. Any knows problems or caveats regarding booting from mirrored pairs
from the shared bus while using ASE?

2. Will multi-volume ADVFS filesets operate OK if the volumes are from
different RAID sets or RAID partitions?

3. What (if anything) needs to be done after a volume has been added to
a domain which runs an ASE service, in order for the new volume to be
understood by ASE?

Old Questions (thanks to Kym Schwartz and Wolf Dieter Brandt):

> - How to disable automatic reboots and automatic service relocation by
> ASE?

When setting up an ase service you have to set a relocation policy.
With
this policy you can restrict the service to favoured members only. If
you
set up only one favoured member the service will no automatically fail
over.

> - How to perform manual service relocation non-interactively from a
> command line (script)?

try using

asemgr -m service member