Enlarging root file system

From: Jeff Beck <JBeck_at_CareWiseInc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:42:39 -0800

I'd like to re-ask the question recently summarized by Erkan Durmus, but
with
a slightly different twist. I'd like to increase the size of my root
file system
which is currently an LSM mirrored, AdvFS. The system disk (/,
swap,/usr) is
mirrored across devices rz33 and rz35 (both 2GB drives). I'll be
switching to
4GB drives, and want to end up with the system disk (/, swap) on devices
rz17
(new bus!), and rz33 (original bus with a new drive). What's the best
way to
get there from here?

I can break the existing mirrors with:
        volplex dis rootvol-02
        volplex dis swapvol-02
        volplex dis vol-rz33g-02
and then remove the plexes and subdisk records from the dg with:
        voledit -r rm rootvol-02
        voledit -r rm swapvol-02
        voledit -r rm vol-rz33g-02

What's the best way to proceed from here? Should I 'usr/sbin/volunroot'
and then
proceed using "standard methods" and then add things back into LSM? Or
should I
add a mirror to the new rz17 drive in AdvFS, reboot and then delete the
mirror to the original drive so it can get physically swapped with a 4GB
drive and than add it back to the mirror? Anybody danced this much with
LSM? TIA.

Jeff Beck
jbeck_at_carewiseinc.com
206.749.1878