File System Full, even when 130+Meg left.

From: Don Wilkerson <don_at_tripath.colosys.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:05:06 -0700 (MST)

I have a file system that is 550Meg in size with 350 used and 150Meg free.
The last couple of days the console has reported at times that the file
system for this sysetm as being full eventhough there is usually 150Meg
free. This system does'nt grow and/or shrink hardly at all. The message
will repeat at times for 7200 times. I do have the /tmp directory linked
under this file system, but have not seen anything there that would be
150+ in size.

Any ideas what would cause this strange happening??

 { Donald S. Wilkerson }
 { E-mail: dwilkers_at_us.oracle.com }
 { don_at_colosys.net }