wuftp,telnet,http problem

From: Fredy Villa <fredyvilla_at_w3link.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:11:34 -0500

Guys,

    One day everything was working, the next day it wasn't. This is the
problem:

I am trying to ftp into the server which runs wuftpd. As soon as I hit
enter, I see the ftpd daemon process when I do a ps -A. This tells me
that the server got the ftp request but then the client times out
because no response is sent. If the time out value is big enough, the
client will eventually connect o the server. It is not network traffic
because I connected the server an a client directly to a hub and the
problem persists. I experience the same problem when telneting in. It
takes a lot of time to get the username prompt. Could inetd be having a
problem? If I ftp from one of my alpha servers to the other alpha
server, ftp connects quickly. What is wrong? I didn't change anything in
the server that will cause this problem. A have two alpha servers and
they both act the same. How can that be? Has anyone ever had such a
problem? I am running DUNIX 4.0d. Thanks in advance for pointers.

Fredy Villa
Software Engineer
fredyvilla_at_w3link.com