UUCP on a DEC 2000 running DU 4.0D

From: Robert Honore <robert_at_digi-data.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 16:07:37 -0400

Dear Fellow Managers,

I have an DEC 2000 AXP system (Jensen Chassis, remember these?) running
Digital Unix 4.0D. Previously the system was running Digital Unix 3.2G
and it was upgraded to Digital Unix 4.0D. The console firmware was also
upgraded to the latest revision available as of January 1998. When the
system was under Digital Unix 3.2G one could dial into the system and
UUCP was working correctly. After performing the Operating System
upgrade, it is no longer possible to dial into the system. I have tried
everything I can think of, including deleting the UUCP configuration and
redoing the configuration from scratch. I even checked the system at
the console level to see if there are any settings I can apply to the
COM2: port like I could with the AlphaServer 4100 but I have found
none.

Is there anything else I can do to get the UUCP to work? Have I missed
anything or is Digital Unix 4.0D incompatible in any way with the DEC
2000 AXP system?

Yours sincerely,
Robert Honore.