Which DE500?

From: Mavrakis <bmavrakis_at_netincom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:39:51 -0400

I have been given the task of getting an AlphaServer 4100 with a DE500
to communicate at 100 full duplex. Unfortunatly, I know nothing about
Unix, and the configuration of this machine, but I have been know to
read user guides occasionaly.

So, I have the DE500 in the server and VNSwitch 900XX with fast ethernet
modules. The 4100 is running DU 3.2g. I have tried to set the card
using the ew*0_mode set command (found in the "System Drawer User's
Guide). The only connection I seem to get is 10 half. I have seen many
posts regarding this card and have tried to put together as much info as
I can. It seems I need to start by finding out which DE500 I have. Is
there a way to do this from the console?

TIA

Konstandinos V. Mavrakis
Network Administrator
Childrens Computer Company