Summary and Question:fix graphic console to Alpha 8200?

From: Xu Zhimin <xuzm_at_ns.cetin.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:25:56 +0800

    Thanks to all those who respond to me so rapidly.

    My original question was how to fix a graphic console to Alpha 8200.

    The answers to me generally were that it is not good to fix a
graphic
console to Alpha 8200 although it can be realized by adding a graphic
controller card. Better solution will be to use X window software on PC
.
Give the requiste access for root for that PC. You can start the whole
dtsession on it to choose and run whatever you want then .

    Then, my next question is about how to use X window application..

    I have installed an X window software named X-Win32 on my PC.
I tried to run /usr/dt/bin/dtsession after I started /usr/bin/X11/dxterm

as root ,but failed. The error message is :

   " The file /var/tmp/sdtdbcache_$DISPLAY is either missing or empty.
This is most likely due to the file system for /var/tmp being full.
Please use the failsafe session option on the login screen to login to
the
system and free up approximately 300 disk blocks in /var to allow a
normal CDE login to succeed."

    I checked my unix system and found that there was 200M space free
on /usr file system. The free space seemed to be enough. I don't know
how to use the command "dtsession". Should I edit some configure file or

enviroment varible?

    My system is DU4.0A and in C2 enhanced security mode.

    Thank you in advance!

-----Xu Zhimin
-----Email to :xuzm_at_ns.cetin.net.cn