NT Install on Alpha 1000

From: Brett Dillon <bdillon_at_solution6.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:35:06 +1000

Hi,

We have an Alpha 1000 4/266 which has been gathering dust at our site for nearly a year now. I would like to install NT4 onto this but I am having a few problems;

All the documentation and disks have been misplaced and thus I am having difficulties booting to its ROM (?) to initiate the CDROM for an NT install.

It currently has Digital Unix installed and whenever it is powered up it initiates its probe etc.. and starts.

I would like to know if there are any hotkeys etc. that can be used to get to its ROM so I can install NT.

Please excuse my ignorance but, as is blatantly obvious, my UNIX skills are somewhat limited.

Cheers,
Brett.