Alpha printing to NT print server?

From: Burch Seymour RTPS <bseymour_at_encore.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

Our NT print server died last week. It was an old 486 that never
worked very well, so we replaced it. I don't recall ever doing
anything special to allow our Alpha to use the NT as a print
server, it always 'just worked'. However, now that we've rebuilt
the NT, and reestablished all the shared printers, we cannot print
to them from the Alpha/DU machine. We didn't change anything
on the Alpha, so I'm guessing the problem is on the NT side
(apologies if that pushes the bounds of subject matter for this list)
but we're NT novices and can't find anything that looks like it
should prevent access. lpq -P gives this message:

connection to nt-server is down

I can ping the NT, so it is there. I can see the shared printers
from my Windows95 PC. I can print test pages from the NT.

Anyone have a clue what I'm missing?

Thanks...

--
This message from,		Encore Computer Corporation   MS/108
Burch Seymour                   6901 W Sunrise Boulevard