SUMMARY: Netstat - bad routing redirects

From: Debby Quayle <dquayle_at_hamilton.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:16:36 -0400

Hi,

I didn't receive any responses to my question about the significance of
data returned by running netstat -rs so I called DEC software support.
They weren't able to quote anything explaining precisely what it means, but
it was clear to them that 4 billion bad routing redirects was not a good
thing. Upon further investigation, we discovered that my routes file was
not properly configured. Fixing the routes file corrected the number of
bad redirects. They dropped from 4 billion to 3-6 thousand.

Debby