Installation of new disks.

From: Obrien, Steve <SObrien_at_chemson.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:55:50 +0200

Hello all,

Apologies for this "just of the Unix Admin course" type question :-

I have to install new disks RZ29L's onto an Alpha 2100 running 3.2C

They should be on a KZESC-BA 3 port EISA Raid controller but we are not
using RAID at all. This is on the second internal shelf assembly. There
are two disks in the shelf already - re8 and re9 which say , from the
disklabel, that they are of type SCSI (this confuses me...). On the
first shelf there are 8 disks re0 - re7 all SWXCR type. These are on an
identical controller.

I shut down the server and put in the new disks. At the console prompt,
"show device" does not show the new disks as being present. Any help
will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Steve O'Brien